Thursday, July 25, 2013

Building a warehouse, part 2

The next thing I did on the warehouse was to make the platform and lower parts of the walls look more like as if they were built of concrete. I did that by brush painting them with various layers of Polly Scale Concrete, Gray and White colors. The out-of-the-bottle Concrete is a little too yellow for my taste. There might be aged concrete that actually has that color, but I wanted something a little more grayish and lighter. That's why I added in the gray and white as well.



I then also tried some weathering. I did that by applying streaks of grime and rust, in the form of washes of color. I'm not totally satisfied with the result. I think I'll come back and try to improve it later, when the whole structure itself is done.



 
I cut he visible wall siding from Plastruct Ribbed/corrugated Roof (91511). Before attaching the siding to the structure, I spray painted it with Polly Scale B&M Blue.
 

 
As you can see above, I also attached roll-up doors. These I made form Plastruct Corrugated Siding (91509), painted a gray color, and then simply glued to the inside of the wall, covering the opening. For variety and visual interest I let two of the doors be partly open. I also attached some styrene channel along the top of the walls, and pieces of angle at the corners.
 
Still left to do is the roof and canopy.
 
Thanks for watching.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment