Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Building a warehouse, part 4

In this part of my little "Building a warehouse" series of posts we have arrived at the installation of the canopy. Before installing it above the loading dock, I spray painted it a light gray. Also before the canopy, I installed a number of down-spouts. I made those from styrene rod and small pieces of styrene strip bent around the rod. The latter simulating the hardware that keeps the down-spouts in place.

Here are some pictures of the warehouse with the canopy in place.







 
And here it is on the layout. Still lacking the roof, but that you cannot see from this angle.



Thanks for watching.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lennart,

    You've got some great information here (and on your other sites). I'm also a model railroading enthusiast who writes about the hobby. I don't know if you're looking for more content or are interested in publishing stuff written by other people, but if you are I'd be delighted to let you use some of my articles (free of charge, of course).

    Warm regards,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lennart,

    I am building a switching layouts like yours, using also Lance MindHeim ideas.

    The warehouse looks something I could also use on my own layout. How did you end up with te correct size of things?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luis,

      I have seen your" Starting Again" thread onRailwire, so I know what your attempting to do. Yes, it is similar to my Three Yards Yard.

      I have described the method I used to obtain the dimensions of structures on my Tap Creek web page
      http://www.lsvedberg.se/rail/index_files/Page640.htm

      Good Luck.
      Looking forward to see your progress on the RailWire.

      Lennart

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lennart for the answer.

      I'll give it a try. I am bit tired of having the same models as the others on my layout.

      Thanks.

      WHere do you order your track? From the US?

      Delete