Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wiring

With all the frog rails done, for all of the turnouts, its was time to turn to wiring. The layout is not attached to the shelves which it sits on, it just, that's right, sits on the shelves. This makes it possible to turn it over, letting it rest on the backdrop, so that the underside can be reached. But for this to be possible I needed to get all of the tools and loose stuff out of the way. I took the opportunity to take a photo when everything look tidy for once in a while.



Then I turned the layout over to reveal all the loose wires. There is one wire for every single piece of track. Here are some of them.



After soldering them to the bus wires it looked better. Not "nuclear plant standard" but good enough for a model railroad. At least for mine. The loose green wires are coming from the frogs. Each such wire will be attached to the corresponding switch machine, providing electricity that changes polarity when the switch is thrown.



The larger holes is were the actuator rods from the switch machines will be. To install the switch machines will be the next task. I think I have seven Tortoise machines, meaning I need to get two more. I'd better go and count them.

No comments:

Post a Comment